By Brittany Cotton
There are plenty of reasons to get your rod and head for a fishing expedition with friends during spring and summer. But what about fall? Should you consider going fishing during fall? The answer is a resounding yes. Let’s look at why fall fishing should be on everyone’s list.
- Benefits of Taking a Fishing Trip During Fall.
A certain calm comes with fall that can be attributed to the cooler temperatures and shorter nights. How do these weather changes make fall an ideal season to go fishing? Here are the benefits;
A sure sign of fall is that animals stock up on food in preparation for the upcoming colder months. This means they will be closer to the surface and more attracted to bait.
You have a better chance of catching a rare and massive fish during fall, making this season worth the hype. Opportunity waits for no one, so ensure you have the right fishing gear to catch that trophy fish on your fishing trip. Some fantastic fish you can look forward to during fall include fluke, ling, striped bass, blackfish, and porgy.
There are fewer people frequenting lakes for a fishing trip during fall. You are guaranteed to have a more tranquil time during this season, which makes the fishing trip all the more special. The less volatile sun and cool wind further add to the relaxation factor of fishing in fall.
Fishing has been a treasured bonding experience for families and friends for decades. You and your loved ones can enjoy some quality moments as you fish and even catch dinner while at it.
Did you know that fishing is a way for you to conserve the environment? This is done using the fees charged for fishing licenses and gear. A portion of the sales goes into preserving and conserving aquatic resources.
Fall offers varied and unique fish species for fishing enthusiasts. Different destinations will have different species that you can try to catch. For instance, you can hunt the New England stripers in Montauk or the smallmouth bass in Gatlinburg.
As summer draws to an end and fall begins, hotels and resorts are less crowded. This provides the perfect opportunity to plan your fishing trip and get the best accommodation for a fraction of the cost.
You are guaranteed more than one adventure on a fishing trip, especially for a beginner. It’s a risk-and-reward activity because you don’t know if you will catch a fish or not. If you do, you will get a great sense of pride and achievement.
- How Being Outside in Nature Can Be Beneficial to Your Overall Health and Well-Being.
In today’s world, you can get everything you need online and have it delivered to your doorstep. It is entirely possible to go for days without leaving your house. However, this is discouraged by different health professionals. Outdoor activities such as fishing allow you to be in nature and are highly recommended because;
- The beautiful smell of the lake, birds chirping, and fish swimming beneath are great nature experiences you can have while fishing. After the fishing trip, you will feel more relaxed and less stressed.
- Research has shown that being in nature and plugging off from electronic devices drastically betters one’s mood. This way, you are more productive and creative in your work and social life.
- Patience is the cornerstone of fishing, making it perfect for reducing anxiety. There is no rush when fishing, and you are better prepared to accept a favorable or otherwise outcome.
- The fresh air and sunlight ensure you get the Vitamin D your body needs for teeth and bone health.
- Why You Should Go on a Fishing Trip at Least Once.
It would be best if you went for at least one fishing trip because you will;
- Have plenty of fun and bond with your friends or family
- Be physically and mentally healthier
- Spend less and enjoy yourself more
With all the benefits of fall fishing listed above, you should definitely add it to your must-have adventures this fall.